With a crisp chill in the evening and the warm comforting smell of pumpkin pie int the air it’s really difficult for me not to want to bake. As my husband knows when I start baking, I can’t stop, I will bake for hours, I usually I stop at two desserts though, I wouldn’t want to over do it.
Last weekend my mother dearest gave me a few pears from her garden to make a birthday dessert for my dad.
After doing a bit of research here is what I came up with…
This is such a great dessert I found at Elana’s Pantry blog, hers looks a little prettier than mine because I don’t own a real tart pan…but Christmas is right around the corner and two are on my list.
- Butter a 9-inch ceramic tart pan, generously
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, agave, cream, butter and vanilla
- In a small bowl, stir together almond flour, cinnamon and salt
- Whisk dry ingredients into wet until smooth
- Arrange the pears in a circular shape on the bottom of the tart pan, then pour mixture over pears
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes, until clafoutis is set in the center and top is golden
- Cool and serve